Sunday, November 6, 2011

Country Store of My Dreams

I've found the perfect little country store, and here's a little tour so you can enjoy it too.  Who wouldn't want to visit a store filled with stashes of fabric, exquisite trims, and special dishes for that perfect afternoon with friends?  Drawers of silk ribbons, sideboards of soap making supplies, and beads are the choice in some rooms, or you can get your hair done or have a manicure.  Classrooms are filled with friends while stuffed animals keep watch.  You can be served with flaky melt in your mouth apple pie and or a generous hunk of moist carrot cake.  Perhaps you'd like the incredible all-you-can-eat buffet lunch for a paltry $5?  (Everything is homemade.)  Outside, buy a pumpkin or a stack of firewood.

Enjoy your visit.



























8 comments:

  1. It's a slice of heaven! Those stashes of silk ribbon make my heart race. Every town should have a shop like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this country store. It brings back memories of my childhood. We lived in Amish country and they had wonderful country stores.
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is it? I like roadtrips.... Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's called Piecemakers. Go here: www.piecemakers.com/. It's in Costa Mesa, CA and they have even more stuff than I was able to chronicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love! Sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a great place for craft-o-holics!
    I would love to look at those ribbons too.
    what a great outing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, the comment box is working for me today!

    What a lovely store; I'm sure I could stay there all day (if only looking at the ribbon)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK. I'm excited. Now, what's the name of this store? Where's it located? And how do I get there?

    ReplyDelete