Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home For Christmas

Is there anything better than a soldier returning to the arms of his/her loving family?  What joy!  Here's a quote that says it all:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at the airport. General opinion is starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. Love actually is all around."













What a gift.  A blessed daughter.









2 comments:

  1. Those words, right out of Hugh Grant's mouth, from the movie Love, Actually, are SO true. That is one happy soldier and her adoring Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Welcome Home, Kristi Faye! I'm sorry Casey and I couldn't be there to greet you, but we get back to Seattle the day before you leave. I hope we can come to your parent's house and see you there. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete