Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cleaning up after the party and Amanda Knox

Amanda Knox. Amanda Knox. Amanda Knox. News is full of her. Did she do it? Not do it? I've heard it all day as I've vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms, changed sheets and towels and generally cleaned up after Kristin's party.

I thought of her parents and of course knew how I'd feel if it were my daughter caught up in this sordid affair. I can only sympathize with them and applaud their herculean efforts to free their daughter.

They, as well as Amanda, have a lot of cleaning up.  Too bad it is not as simple as vacuuming and changing sheets.  I hope they are able to patch up her life, to tidy up her reputation. We know how transgressions might be cleansed, so I hope she is able to get some hyssop and get to work.

Meanwhile, as one young woman is coming home, another young woman is heading off.  I hope she is surrounded by a dome of protection, that she has prayer in her velcroed pocket, some wings on her combat boots, and angels watching over her.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Kristin! I have a feeling that her adventure will have a much, much more positive spin on it than Amanda's journey.

    ReplyDelete