Monday, May 21, 2012

Just bought my first serger!



OK, so it is not a 5 threader, but it does have differential feed.  It's probably one of the cheapest available, the Brother 1034D model from Amazon.com.  But I'm so excited to learn how to use it.  What are some of the best books for learning how?  Got any recommendations for me?

Meanwhile, I watch Martha Pullen's TV show every week and am just in awe of the things they are sewing.

Now that we have our first grandchildren arriving in November (TWINS!) I must do the thing I've looked forward to for years, which is be a grandma and sew cute little baby clothes.  Expectant daughter and her husband are very modern, so I must curtail my historical reenactor's desire for oodles of lace.  But now I can sew knits, onesies, and soakers (Is that a historical word?  What do they say now, diaper covers?).

I hear this one comes with a CD for learning how to use it, thank goodness.  I wonder if there are some classes in the local area.  Must go check...

No comments:

Post a Comment