Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Making Steampunk Jewelry

Steamcon Seattle is this weekend!  What to wear?  Gotta have some steampunk jewelry, that's for sure.  So off to Michael's I flew when my daughter told me they have a new line of jewelry making supplies called Industrial Chic.  I was hoping they'd have the jewelry pre-made and I could snag some with my 40% off coupon.  But since they only had little baggies of jewelry making supplies, I decided it was time to put on my Madame Fastastic wizardry hat and see if it would infuse me with creative genius.

Not likely, the hat said.  Rather a grumpy ol' thing, like the sorting hat in Harry Potter.  I took it off, threw it on the floor, stomped on it and put it back on.  O-KAY, it hollered, I'll help a leetle.  Go get some super glue.

Obediently I listened and this is what we came up with.




See that jewel on the side of the bracelet in the third photo?  My daughter immediately told me it was a time machine crystal and knew if I wore the bracelet, it would engage the time machine.  I stared at her with my mouth open.

Who knew this stuff was inherited?




2 comments:

  1. Soooo cool! Do it, start an Etsy shop, make a killing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought had flitted past. I haven't seen too much steampunk jewelry. I'll look around at the conference and see what people are making (and buying!). Thanks for the vote of confidence! PS, You should see the gun I'm making.

    ReplyDelete