Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Hate Getting a Haircut


Every woman I know simply loves getting their hair done.  My mom went every single week to get hers done.  I consider the beauty shop a house of horrors.  On top of that, you have to pay them.  They rank right up there with gynecologists are as least favorite activities. 

I’ve tried taking pictures.  Make me look like this!  Whack.

I’ve tried commenting after every cut. “Little shorter there.  No!  Not so much.”  Butchered.

Just got it cut this week.  Does pulling on your hair make it grow faster?

A few rare times I’ve found one I’ve liked and they’ve moved, or simply lose interest and yak to their fellow operators.  I walk out looking like a buffoon.  Most of the time I race home as fast as I can.  Don’t even stop by the grocery store.  I dunk my head under the faucet and apply the hair dryer to repair the mess.  Then eat chocolate.

When I got my hair done for my wedding, I paid a goodly sum. The stylist, “John Pierre” asked how I liked it.  I could not resist reaching for his comb and re-doing what I could.  My mom was horrified that I hurt his feelings.  The bride-to-be rushed home and dunked her head under the faucet.

I must fail at articulating that I want the top fuller than the chin line.  I never come out that way.  I don’t want to look like a pixie or an elf or Dorothy Hamil.  It takes about three weeks to recover, at least.

My daughter says I should learn to cut it myself.  My husband say while some of my cuts do nothing for him, most are fine.  He suggests to keep trying with a photo of a style I like.  Most everyone else says, “Really?  I loooooooove getting my hair done.” 


Is there an activity that YOU hate?  One that everyone else just loves?

Maybe I just like the chocolate I console myself with.  Think I’ll go have some more.

2 comments:

  1. I am in agreement, I HATE getting my hair done or cut. Never walk out liking what someone else does. Love reading your blogs!
    Lane

    ReplyDelete