Monday, April 1, 2013

What is Your Favorite Phone App?

Which phone app can't you live without?  How often do you use it?  Is it a navigation aid?  Coupon app?  I love being able to check email and Facebook on the phone, as well as texting, but I'm not counting those as apps.  Nor the two games I play.

Winner: Probably the one that I currently use the most right now is a white noise app for the grandchildren during nap time, but that is just a temporary phase.  It's called Relax and Sleep, and it plays everything from rocking chairs to waterfalls.  I've combined three of them (campfire, frogs and owl) to make a very soothing scenario, but the one they seem to like best is a train clicking over the tracks.

Semi-winner: I've got one that reads recipes out of Cooking Light magazine called Digimarc.  I aim it at a photo in the magazine and it puts the recipes, preparations info and shopping list right on my phone.

Loser: I've got an app called Level Up that allows me to pay for certain things with my phone, but I don't use it.  In fact, I've never had the occasion to.

Another lesser used app: I've got a navigation aid, but prefer paper maps as it gives me a bigger picture.  By the way, good luck finding a paper map at your local store these days, they are being phased out.  More's the pity, I like them.  That bitty screen doesn't compare.

Used it a couple times app: Slacker Radio.  I liked it until I had to give them my email.  Phooey.  Now I've got to set up a fake email account.  Bother.

Also used a couple times when we were traveling last year: Currency converter.

So what do you like and use?


2 comments:

  1. I love Red Laser. It lets you scan the price tag in a store and then compares it to prices at other stores and online. I also use Cozi Family non-stop because our schedules are all synced online. The Starbucks app is awesome if you drink coffee. You load it like a Starbucks card and then swipe it with a scanner at checkout. It also locates the nearest Starbucks using your location, which has been really helpful at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lissa! I will check these out! Red Laser sounds especially helpful.

    ReplyDelete